Release Notes completions

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 11:45:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 08:21 +0200, Bart Couvreur wrote:
> Op zondag 21-10-2007 om 17:30 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Karsten
> Wade:
> > On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 16:50 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > I completely forgot my other AOB for the Docs meeting this morning,
> > > sorry...  I am contemplating doing away with the completion requirements
> > > (>90%) for all release notes components, for several reasons:
> >
> > I was going to bring this up this morning, but it felt like heresy for
> > some reason.  An obvious sign to do away with something if it feels
> > heretical to think about it!
> >
> > Yeah, let's just include what is there and roll updates. :)
> >
> > - Karsten
>
> Seems to be an easy one here, so a +1 too.
>
> As a result of this, will we be doing say monthly updates to the
> relnotes package, so this propagates to the user systems, or would we
> call that overkill?

I am leery about committing to monthly updates, but let's just say we're
committed to doing updates, period.  If and when it feels worthwhile,
we'll do it.  Remember that an update -- since fedora-release-notes
appears on almost every system -- means you're forcing every single
Fedora user (well, almost every user) to download 3 MB of an update.

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/