Fedora Docs Meeting Reminder - Today - 1600 Hrs GMT

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:29:58 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 21:29 +0300, John Babich wrote:
> On 9/18/07, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like to propose that we move the meeting time.  Right now, there
> > are very few people actually doing work for the Docs Project.  Our
> > meeting time should respect first and foremost the schedules of
> > contributors.  If and as that situation changes, we should try to
> > accommodate as much as possible the contributors.
> >

> +1
>
> Let's do it.
>
> > I've missed almost all the meetings since we took up a Tuesday time
> > during my workday, because I thought I could make time for it, which I
> > obviously can't.  As one of the frequent contributors, I guess this is
> > somewhat of a selfish request, and I don't want to shut anyone out of
> > meetings.  On the other hand, IRC is always loggable, and we capture
> > meetings for the mailing list for those who can't attend.
> >
> > Thoughts?  Comments?
> >

> We should definitely plan around the committed few, and then invite
> those interested based on the optimal time for the core group.
>
> We did a scheduling exercise a while back using a time grid on the
> wiki. Should we use that technique again?
>
> If yes, I'll set up the page.

I was playing with Google Calendar and wanted to use this resource in
the future.  John helpfully tried setting up a conflict resolver there,
but once we get more than a couple people involved it could look really
ugly, and since the calendar is set up to notify fedora-docs-list, that
could *really* be a hoot.  So I set up this page instead, based on
Toshio's template:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SteeringCommittee/Meetings/Scheduler

Here's what I would suggest:
* Mark your initials (JB, PWF, etc.) in any box where you CAN'T attend.
* Remember this is UTC!
* Once everyone's done, we try and pick a box where key contributors CAN
attend (i.e. their initials don't appear in the box), and as few other
initials appear as possible.

Kosher?