Security Guide, Chapters 1-3 ready for review and editing

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Wed Apr 30 03:17:01 UTC 2008

Keith,
Yeah, I see what you mean.  I feel like I've written that up somewhere
but I need to go back and figure out where.  I'd probably move that
portion to a different chapter if for no other reason than it doesn't
fit in with "Secure Installation" theme.

Let's move that to a "staging area" for now and see if we can develop
that further.  In fact, lets pull that entire "Install Minimal Software"
bit out and use that as a starting point for a new chapter that can not
only talk more specifically about software packages (and gpg checks on
the packages) but doing security updates and software updates and why it
is important.  I think that would make a good solid chapter.

I went ahead and moved that information to a new chapter (Chapter 5,
Software Maintenance [1]) which will allow us to have a larger
playground for this topic.

Headed for bed in a bit.  I'll be checking in post 11:30UTC.

Thanks,
Eric

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/CryptoGuide/SoftwareMaintenance

Keith Henkell wrote:
| I merged my changes into chapter 3.  Chapter 2 looks good to me.
|
| I added one section to the end of chapter 3 to talk about setting up
| an updates stretegy.  It sounds too awkward though, so if you plan on
| talking about it in the other chapters, it might be better to just
| take it back out.
|
| On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Eric Christensen
| <eric at christensenplace.us> wrote:
|>  Ha have to sh: SHA1
|>
|>  Keith,
|>  Sounds good.  Just post when you have them back on the wiki.
|>

|>  Thanks,
|>  Eric
|>

|>  Keith Henkell wrote:
|>
|>  | I copied chapters 2 and 3 for editing offline.  I should be able to
|>  | copy any changes back up in 2-3 hours.
|>  |
|>  |
|>  |
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Security_Guide/9/LUKSDiskEncryption