How should wiki work? (Please have patience with me)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 19:27:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 12:48:35PM +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm still finding using wiki search a bit troublesome. For example
> just by poking around the wiki I found this page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Docs_Project
>
> and there I saw even more great page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/DesktopUserGuide
>
> When I typed desktop into wiki search I was immediately sent to
> "Desktop" page without search showing me other search results :(
> Is this the intended way the wiki should work? Because on this
> particular topic I would much more like to be taken to Desktop user
> guide than on this page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop

The search tool does not pick out strings of characters ('desktop')
from longer strings ('desktopsomethingorother').  This is one of the
main reasons that page renaming is important; all the old CamelCase
wiki pages are very hard to find because of that.

Now that we have Fedora 10 out and people using the wiki, it is time
to finish the page renaming work.

We should now move this discussion to fedora-wiki-list. :)

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41