FDSCo Meeting 2008-12-03 Summary

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 03:48:21 UTC 2008

Attending
---------
David Nalley (ke4qqq)
Paul W. Frields (stickster)
John McDonaugh (jjmcd)
Susan Lauber (laubersm)
Karsten Wade (quaid)
Doran L. Barton (fozzmoo)

Cameo
-----
Brian Pepple (bpepple)
David Woodhouse (dwmw2_yoyo)
Thorsten Leemhuis (knurd)
Francesco Ugolini (fugolini)

* Continued confusion over timing -- do we switch with DST or not?
  Discussion carried to fedora-advisory-board to set a project wide
  standard.

* Discussed knurd's post on the release notes.  Some ideas we can do
  fairly easily (single HTML page), others require effort where
  resources are few:

  http://thorstenl.blogspot.com/2008/12/read-same-paragraphs-every-half-year.html

* Formed a page to track which standard operating procedures (SOP) we
  need for the future, which include items culled from knurd's blog post:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_release_standard_operating_procedures

* Lessons learned:

  - Too much process in the heads of too few -- fix how-to-help docs.

  - More rigorous schedule for release notes updates via web and RPM

  - Need to improve docs on how to manage a beat

  ACTION: quaid and stickster working on Docs team content
  improvements by mid-December; page renaming is a dependency.

* Virtual classroom and hackfest on tools, docs, wiki gardening over
  the Holidaze break -- use
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRC/Classroom, Gobby, and VoIP.

  ACTION: Sparks to organize via list

* Training on Docs tools and processes at FUDCon.

* Page renaming, include page owner via category: [[:Category:Username
  is responsible for this page]]

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41