Wiki gardening

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 16:23:28 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 08:15:48AM +1000, Rüdiger Landmann wrote:
> Karsten Wade wrote:

>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wiki_gardening

> Can you point me to some specific examples of the problems you're
> having? It's definitely something I can help out with.

Well, as you saw, we could use a bit more organizing help around the
wiki gardening effort itself.  Any help you have to help organize the
Wiki_gardening page so it makes sense to people such as yourself,
looking to be useful across the wiki.

> I tried to RTFM but the "Page renaming project" and "Wiki garden tasks"
> pages appear not to exist yet, and neither does the mailing list...

Sorry, wrong mailing list address; it's been fixed:

We are having a combination of the usual you might expect and the
effects of a migration earlier in 2008 from MoinMoin, which uses
CamelCase page naming.

* Massive page naming effort underway via fedora-wiki@ list; to be
  handled with a wikibot that renames and relinks pages.  Pages are by
  artificial hierarchy rather than natural language naming.

* Pages that need attention, and putting more pages in this category:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Pages_that_need_love

* Getting pages to match the editing and structure guidelines:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Editing
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Wiki_structure

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org