Project Start: New Updated Deployment Guide for the Upcoming Fedora 12!

Christopher Curran ccurran at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 04:17:56 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 08/05/2009 08:38 AM, Murray McAllister wrote:
>
>>> Are you getting people not @redhat.com participating on those lists?
>>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> Does it matter where contributor comes from?
>>

> Yes it does. A diverse contributor (and user) base is one of the hall
> marks of a successful free and open source project but the context of
> the question is important and you seem to be missing it.

I welcome anyone to join my project. That said, I'm not going to
implement a quota system just because you don't like the balance of
contributors.
> If every guide has its own mailing list, it scatters the discussions
> related to Fedora documentation over many places and that has a cost. If
> was there a diverse base of people discussing in length about a
> particular document, then perhaps a new mailing list is justified but is
> not necessarily a good idea to start with one.

Sure, it will disperse some discussion. Having a tight knit, focused
team in a private mailing list is a "good thing" though. It allows
people to focus on actual work instead of irrelevant noise. This allows
people to produce better documentation. I fail to see how this is a
problem as most issues that affect all of fedora-docs will still be
raised here.

Chris