Back to work with revised to-dos

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 08:41:14 UTC 2009

> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:50 PM, satya
> komaragiri<satya.komaragiri at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The last line also made me wonder if my deliverables for GSoC have
>> changed. It would be very convenient for me to know what is my to-do
>> from GSoC perspective. I am not limiting this project till SoC and
>> will make sure I work on it till it is in production use but knowing
>> what is expected for SoC can help me order the tasks accordingly.
>
> I would think that the scope of work as part of your GSoC and, the
> scope of work beyond GSoC is something that should be worked out
> between your mentor and, yourself. I am tempted to say that the list
> of points (just above the paragraph I quoted) does make a significant
> difference to the functionality, however, whether you want to do it as
> part of your GSoC or, would like to continue rolling them up into
> scheduled releases is something one should leave to your sound
> judgement.

Just my comments, as the mentor.

The deliverable i want to see is the docs team using the results of
Satya's work. The actual things that need to be implemented are
depedent on what the docs team would like to see.

There isn't much time left to GSoC, and i don't know how much time
Satya will have to work on the project afterwards. I think the best
thing to do is to get it working on Fedora Infrastructure as a working
usable demo, so people can experiment with it and see if it meets our
needs. Then, Satya should use her best judgement on how to spend the
rest of the time.

As for actual deliverables, i'm not too picky, just as long as there
is a tarball which is a bunch of patches or a git repo, or something
that Google requires.

-Yaakov