F11 Alpha Release Notes one-sheet

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 5 00:17:10 UTC 2009

> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Hi Doc'ers,
> >
> > Two questions regarding the Fedora 11 Alpha release notes one-sheet,
> > located here:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Alpha_release_notes
> >
> > * Who's leading the charge to get it finished?
>
> I am
>
> > * What if anything remains to be done for Thursday's release?
>
> Done (almost). Only thing we might need to add is a brief intro to what
> Fedora is what we expect out of the alpha release, maybe at the end. Not
> sure that is necessary still. Thoughts?

I started contributing after the F10 Alpha, so forgive my
disorientation.

Is the goal for the Alpha relnotes[1] to be as close to complete as
possible? A snapshot up to this point? If so, why isn't it based off the
page[2] which transcludes all the current beats? There are beats updated
for F11 which aren't included on "one-sheet".

I do realize there are cutoffs and deadlines for moving content around.
I just had the impression last time that content moved through the
pipeline quickly/automagically after being updated in a beat. I could be
deluded though (I know Karsten worked his butt off).

If only the text on this one-sheet page[1] is going to go into creating
the static end result[3], it seems it might be helpful to users if we at
least link from this one-sheet page to the more complete (albeit
inconsistent at this early stage) Beats in progress jumbo page[2].

/me still stubbornly thinks of the wiki content as the end result rather
than a way point. I realize that isn't practical for L10N though.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Alpha_release_notes
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats see bottom
[3] http://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/alpharelnotes/
--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3