CMS + Fedora Magazine

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 5 13:33:53 UTC 2009

2009/2/5 Eric Christensen <eric at christensenplace.us>:
> Jon,
> I feel that we are able to accommodate you into the CMS without any big
> problems.  David Nalley is heading up that project from the Docs side
> and would be able to help you get acquainted with Zikula.  Simon is from
> Zikula and helping us get everything setup and maintained (we are still
> in a testing phase) and should be able to answer any technical questions
> you have.

Thanks for the great response from you both, very encouraging :) It's
awesome that Simon is helping out so much, as setup and maintenance
were the major obstacles we faced in getting a WP-MU/Lyceum setup
installed.

> Do you have any specific needs or requirements for the CMS?

At the very least we need a kind of blogging platform, and ideally it
would have the capacity to support multiple roles such as writer and
editor with different permissions assigned to both. The second part of
that is less critical as we could always fudge it by collaborating in
Gobby/Wiki and then having a couple of people push to the blog later.

Is Zikula capable of handling this?

Cheers,

Jon