Problem with XML

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 02:17:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> B1;1704;0cOn Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 11:17:53AM +1000, Murray McAllister wrote:
>> > <screen><computeroutput>content line 1
>> > content line 2
>> > content line 3</computeroutput></screen>
>>
>> Be careful when using multiple lines. If you use <computeroutput>
>> inside screen, you may find
>>
>> 1
>> 2
>> 3
>>
>> is displayed as "1 2 3" in HTML.
>
> Is that also true when using CDATA sections?  I usually do:
>
> <screen><![CDATA[blah
> foo
> bar]]></screen>

CDATA is fine. Just don't let jfearn see you using it ;-)

If you want to include XML examples, I would place the example as a
text file in in en_US/extras/, then:

<screen>
<xi:include href="extras/blah.xmlt" parse="text">
</screen>

I think you need to use an extension other than ".xml", otherwise it is parsed?