FDSCo Meeting 2009-01-14 Summary

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 14:30:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 05:31:22PM -0500, Eric Christensen wrote:

> Attendees:
> - -----------
> quaid
> sparks
> laubersm
> stickster
> jsmith
> ke4qqq
> danielsmw
> harveybetty

Two quick note/additions:

> * Docs Project Tasks during FUDCon Results
> Quaid talked about the goings on at FUDCon 11.  There were teaching
> sessions on the wiki and DocBook.  Some work was done but more needs to
> be done on the wiki work.
>
> * CMS Plans
> Options were discussed about the different CMS packages that are
> available for us to use.  A discussion about using Drupal ensued and
> harveybetty was able to give more information on the system as she uses
> that system now for other projects.  Quaid is going to put a message out
> on f-devel-l, fedora-list, and f-art-l to get opinions from other areas
> of Fedora.  Additional information can be found at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CMS_solution_for_Fedora_Project_websites

As per email sent to this list, we proceeded with calls for
deployment/maintenance teams who pick their own CMS choice, rather
than Docs trying to pick a CMS without an implementation team.

> * Release Notes Lead
> The Release Notes is one of the biggest projects Docs Project has on its
> plate.  Right now there is not a lead for the project.  We need someone
> to help with this project.

David Nalley is going to lead the recruiting effort, starting with
people who worked on Beats last release to see if they want a
'promotion'. :D

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41