FudCON 11 must have a coveritlive.com-like chat room!!!

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 17:41:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Mark McLaughlin wrote:
>>
>> The Last FUDcon did not have a Virtual extension a la coveritlive.com
>> <http://coveritlive.com> chat room, I am hoping the next FUDcon WILL have a
>> coveritlive chat room attached so live blogging can take place, live
>> streaming video would be a nice thing to add to if possible...  But I settle
>> for live audio streams...
>
> This doesn't seem related to documentation at all. Why is it being posted
> here?
>
> Rahul

I will agree with Rahul, but will answer it here.  In the future,
probably fedora-list would be more appropriate.

FUDConF11 was streamed live.  We provided anywhere from 1 to 4 streams
throughout the Saturday barcamps.  We streamed them using my
foundations streaming server at http://stream.utos.org.  However, I
have a request in for a streaming server on Fedora hardware and
anticipate this happening before the next FUDCon in June.

As far as CoverItLive.com, it's a proprietary idea to do essentially
what can be done in IRC.  I see some of the benefits of it and maybe
we can build something based upon Moksha [1] (there's a video too)[2]
which will help accommodate that sort of functionality.  If you are
seriously wanting functionality like you suggested, why not start a
project and use Moksha to do the work?

Cheers,

Clint

1 - http://lmacken.fedorapeople.org/moksha/