CMS Template

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Fri Jan 23 14:47:53 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Christensen" <eric at christensenplace.us>
To: "Fedora Docs List" <fedora-docs-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 10:26 PM
Subject: CMS Template

> I created a template[1] that we can use to "grade" each CMS option.

Confession -- I'm a Six Sigma geek.

I wonder if we shouldn't build a Pugh matrix.  I have to admit, I haven't
been really engaged in the whole CMS thing.  I figure if we can get a team
that is emotional about one or another I'll live with whatever they are
willing to support.

But it appears that no such group is emerging, and we will need to actually
evaluate the alternatives and make a selection.  In my experience, nothing
helps focus the issues like a Pugh matrix.  The downside is that without the
whole "critically examine the data" culture of SS, it is tempting to just go
by the numbers, which sometimes can be a mistake.

--McD