Docs Leadership: How to get there from here.

John J. McDonough jjmcd at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 22 00:17:42 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Christensen" <eric at christensenplace.us>
To: "For participants of the Documentation Project"
<fedora-docs-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: Docs Leadership: How to get there from here.

> I think elections are important but I also trust our current leadership
> to make the decision.

I think we should have elections.  That lends some credibility to the new
leader.  As I understand it, though, the last time we didn't have enough
suckers, er.... candidates.  If that continues it could be a problem, then
maybe just anointing someone is the right answer.

One issue is that I suspect a lot of good potential leaders don't see
themselves as politicians.  If the leader were selected, others within the
team could do some behind the scenes persuading perhaps a little more
easily.  And at least at this point in time, those who really led the charge
last time are probably in a better position than anyone to recognize the
strengths and weaknesses of the players.

--McD