What is the purpose of a Docs CMS?

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Tue Jan 27 16:28:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 21:46 +0530, Mani A wrote:

> I think any good CMS would lessen the burden on the doc team
> considerably and improve work flow (in comparison with a wiki based
> system).
> Contributors may also have a more polished interface to use.
>
> Best
>
> A. Mani

How about rather than looking for an end-all be all solution, we find
more than one tool that can all be used together.  For example, one part
of the toolchain may be the wiki, while another part may be a
docbook-to-wiki tool, and another could be a DocBook editor...I don't
know what would really work, but it's an idea that may be easier than
finding one software package that does EVERYTHING.

Basil Mohamed Gohar
abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
www.basilgohar.com