fresh leader

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 20:29:43 UTC 2009

Thanks all for your thoughtful responses about leadership for this
project.

From that discussion I saw a reasonable consensus that was both good
and fair.  We just approved that consensus in the Docs meeting.

For the remainder of Fedora 11 release, I'm asking Eric Christensen
(Sparks) to step up as leader for the Fedora Documentation Project.
In essence, I am appointing him as a replacement, with the full
approval of all the people who usually show up to meetings and
discuss/approve stuff.

After Fedora 11 releases, we'll have a general election in this
project.  We can decide between now and then exactly what we are doing
-- electing one person, a council, for how long are the terms, etc.
Anyone who doesn't care about this stuff can just ignore those
threads. (Seriously.)

Rotating leadership more frequently is a good idea for this project.
We can give more of you a chance to get the experience and shape Docs
with your enthusiasm.

IMO, we've never had a stronger and more passionate group of
contributors in Docs.  This is a perfect time for new leadership to
emerge and take over.  So many are capable and interested in making
this project better and more successful.

As I said before, I'm not going anywhere; I'm just doing what is long
overdue so I can be more productive as a Docs contributor and this
project can improve through the art of change. :)

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41