Guide table and BZ

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Wed Jun 3 17:40:52 UTC 2009

If you haven't updated the Guide Table[1] lately, please take a look at it
and see if you can provide any updates.

I'd also like to clean up the Fedora Documentation product in BZ.  Currently
there are the following components:

   - about-fedora - General project information for main menu.
   - desktop-up2date - Keeping a desktop up-to-date using graphical tools.
   - desktop-user-guide - User guide for those new to Linux and Fedora.
   - developer-guide - Striving to be the canonical Fedora development
   reference.
   - docs-common - Common files and tools for documentation contributors.
   - documentation-guide - The Guide is the canonical set of guidelines and
   hotos for FDP contributors.
   - example-tutorial - The canonical reference document for how to use
   XML/DocBook for the FDP.
   - ftp-server - Guide to set up a full ftp server.
   - hardening - System hardening for Fedora Core 3.
   - install-guide - Installation guide for Fedora
   - jargon-buster - Striving to be the canonical glossary for all things
   Fedora.
   - mirror-tutorial - Mirroring and update services for Fedora.
   - press-release - Stylesheets and build tools for Fedora press releases.
   - proxy-guide - Building and maintaining a secure proxy server.
   - readme-burning-isos - README for burning ISO images, included at
   mirrors.
   - readme-live-image - README for inclusion in Live ISO spins
   - readme - README file for inclusion in ISO spins
   - release-notes - Fedora release notes, bugs, and requests
   - rpm-guide - RPM Guide
   - selinux-apache - Using SELinux and Apache HTTP Server in Fedora
   - selinux-faq - FAQs abut SELinux in Fedora.
   - selinux-user-guide - User guide to SELinux in Fedora.
   - software-management-guide - Software installation and maintenance on
   systems.
   - sudo-tutorial - Short tutorial on using sudo.
   - toolchain-devel - For bugs and requests of the documentation tools.
   - translation-guide - The canonical reference for translating all aspects
   of the Fedora Project
   - translation-guide-windows - Tutorial for translators working in a
   Microsoft Windows environment.
   - translation-quick-start-guide - Helping new translators get started
   quickly with Fedora translations.
   - updates - Tutorial for keeping a system up-to-date
   - usb-hotplug - Using USB and hotplug
   - xml-normalize - Development of XML normalization tools

As you can see there are quite a few components that are outdated.  I'd like
to scrub the list this week so that I can have a list to present at next
week's meeting showing what we can discard and what we need to update.

If you own one of these projects please get with me (on IRC or otherwise),
soon.  I need to verify the information that is on each of these components
including who should be assigned the ticket by default, who the QA is, and
who should be CC'd on the ticket.

If you need a component added to BZ, please let me know and we can get one
in there for you.

Thanks,
Eric

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_meetings#Guides