Docs Decisions for F12

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:40:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 04:05:22PM -0400, John J. McDonough wrote:
> I just added a few comments to
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_decisions_for_F12
>
> and noticed some from stickster and rudi I hadn't read before.  I would
> encourage everyone to revisit that page and comment if appropriate.  If we
> can get as much material as possible out in the open before SELF than FAD
> can be that much more productive.
>
> As Eric reminded us yesterday, F12 is fast upon us.

Taking a moment to pass on a really good tip someone gave me:

1. Go the wiki, log in, and click on "my preferences" at the top
right.
2. Click on the "Watchlist" tab.
3. Make sure that "Add pages I edit to my watchlist" is selected.

I would venture to say this option is *vital* for anyone working on
Docs, or the wiki.  If you work on a page you want to know if someone
changes it after you're gone so you can make sure things stay
consistent.

I would also highly recommend adding pages you care about to your
permanent watchlist.  To do that:

1. On the upper right, click "my watchlist."
2. Click the small link under the page title that reads, "Edit raw
watchlist."
3. Add page titles to the list (e.g. "DocsProject/WorkFlow")

When any page on your watchlist is edited you'll get an email.  Of
course, you should set up a filter that puts those emails somewhere
useful.  I have a folder in my email account so all the wiki edits
stay together and I can examine them all consecutively and quickly.

Anybody else have handy tips for wiki minding?