Fedora 11 Tour

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Fri Jun 5 13:29:42 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Aboutboul" <jaa at redhat.com>
To: "For discussions about marketing and expanding the Fedora user base"
<fedora-marketing-list at redhat.com>; <fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com>;
"For participants of the Documentation Project"
<fedora-docs-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 10:57 PM
Subject: Fedora 11 Tour

> Hey All,
>
> I've been working on the Fedora 1 Tour page.  Link is here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_tour
>
> Can anyone tell me how they like it and if they think it is lacking
> anything?

The Plymouth screencast is probably one of the most exciting parts of that
tour.  Unfortunately, as an "oddball" format to perhaps 90% of the potential
audience, it is really only viewable to the converted.

I don't know if there is an unencumbered format that would be usable to most
of the potential customer base, but it seems a shame to keep such a cool
feature a secret.  Actually, I think a few more screencasts could add a lot,
but again, to really be valuable they need to be viewable.

--McD