Docs FAD at the Southeast Linuxfest

David Nalley david.nalley at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 7 01:52:58 UTC 2009

Just a quick note on the Docs FAD on June 14th that will follow the
Southeast Linuxfest in Clemson SC.

We have 8 attendees listed thus far:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_SELF

And I am sure that we will have even more show up, and hopefully a few
recruited the day before.

We have a significant contingent of contributors that are unable to
attend. We will use Docs Project's conference bridge (2008) on Fedora
Talk to let those join the conversation. This is particularly
important during the Docs Decisions for F12.
Currently my proposed itinerary is: (times below are eastern)
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM - Docs Decisions for F12
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_decisions_for_F12
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM  A non-translator's introduction to the POT/PO model
11:30 AM - Balance of the day working on zikula modules and getting
packaging instruction from Ian Weller

If there's demand, we'll get Paul to provide an introduction to
DocBook. as well.

If you don't like this schedule, please feel free to suggest changes

If you are remotely interested in the Docs Project, and are in the
southeast, please consider attending, it will be a huge benefit for
you and the project.