Self-Introduction (Adam Williamson)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 11 00:35:28 UTC 2009

Hi, guys. Some of you may know me already, others not :). I joined RH at
the start of this year, in the Fedora QA team, as a sort of community
cheerleader. I've found myself contributing to a lot of
documentation-related stuff - I sent in a few items for the F11 release
notes, and I'm the main writer / maintainer for the F11 common bugs
page, at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs . We just had an
interesting discussion on fedora-test-list:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2009-June/msg00345.html

which touches on lots of documentation issues, and led to me suggesting
that those of us in QA / IRC support / forum support etc roles who are
interested in documenting various types of issues should bite the bullet
and join the documentation group, so here I am!

As that thread suggests I'd particularly like to help improve
co-ordination between the docs team, QA, Bugzappers, and front-line
support volunteers like the people who help others in the forums and
IRC, to try and make sure we have a coherent plan for documenting useful
information for regular users in a small set of canonical locations, and
we all consistently direct people to those locations when they ask about
such issues. But I'm happy to pitch in in other ways too!

I don't have any kind of formal documentation training, but somehow I
wind up writing a lot of the stuff. :) As well as the notes I submitted
for F11 and the common bugs page, I wrote a lot of stuff for Mandriva,
when I worked there: I did a large chunk of the release documentation
for Mandriva 2007 Spring, 2008, 2008 Spring and 2009, including most of
the writing for the Release Notes, Release Tour, Errata (like common
bugs) and Reviewers' Guide for each release. see for e.g.:

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2008.1
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2008.1_Tour
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2008.1_Notes
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2008.1_Errata

As you may have already noticed, I also have a tendency to write too
much!

GPG key fingerprint is 4B7B E7D9 90EA 124B 2F47  4BF6 0BC5 71C4 C136
5CF0.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey