Ideas for Fedora Planet site

Juan M. Rodriguez nushio at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 14:56:37 UTC 2009

Hi there!

As an avid Google Reader fan, I recommend it as it gets the job done.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a few ideas and suggestions on how to improve Fedora Planet
> site, please tell me what do you think about them.

> - currently there isn't any search on Fedora Planet. Fedora bloggers
> have great posts and are a really valuable resource, searching through
> their greats posts with tips&tricks would be a real benefit to
> everybody.

Google search, and it even lets you tag posts and "star" them for future
reference.

> - sometimes I'm way from the PC for days, and some times I have extra
> free time, it would be nice to be able to catch up with previous
> Fedora Planet posts by looking at previous post. Currently there is
> only one page of posts that is really rapidly updated, and if you miss
> some great post it is lost in the internet tubes forever ;)

It saves a copy of each post (at least that which was visible anyways), and
marks it as unread.
Never miss a post, unless you want to.

> 3. Digg style voting on best posts
> - this is just an idea, but what do you think of adding a "Digg" style
> button or "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" button on planet posts, sure
> the posts should be rotated to show the newest ones, but somewhere on
> the edges could be top 10 posts of the week or something similar...

Not covered by Google Reader, but it would be nice to have.

> Cheers!
>
> --
> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
> linux, blog, anime, spirituality, windsurf, wireless
> registered as user #367004 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
> ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Before using Google Reader, I used to use Liferea, which IIRC, also has
search, and does store the posts for future reference.

--
Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno
Desarrollador de Sistemas Abiertos