Guides...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 22:23:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 17:19 -0400, David Nalley wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>         On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 16:51 -0400, Eric Christensen wrote:
>
>         > > > Easier reference. I wrote a similar page for Mandriva,
>         because the 'how
>         > > > do I burn this crazy ISO file thing!' question was
>         coming up quite often
>         > > > in forums and so forth, and I wanted somewhere to point
>         to; a Wiki page
>         > > > is a nice way to have this. Or am I misunderstanding the
>         current state
>         > > > and you can already easily access this document as a web
>         page (on
>         > > > docs.fp.o?) rather than having to point to an FTP site?
>         > >
>         > > http://docs.fedoraproject.org/readme-burning-isos/en_US/
>         > >
>         > > Its a little out of date, but its on my list of things to
>         do.
>         >
>         > So you are adopting this doc?
>

>         In case my MDV page might help with the re-write, here it is:
>
>         http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Docs/Installing_Mandriva_Linux/Writing_CD_and_DVD_images
>

> Becareful before we copy content from this page - It's cc-by-sa 2.5,
> which iirc doesn't mix well with OPL - ie, we can't take CC-BY-SA
> content and easily release it under OPL which is what the wiki and our
> other documents content is licensed under at the moment.

Oh, yay, licensing fun.

Since I wrote just about everything on that page, I think I have the
right to license it as whatever I damn well please. If anyone does want
to use any of the stuff on that page, let me know and I'll just send a
static copy of the text I wrote (without any changes added by others) to
the list or something, and declare it OPL.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey