CMS (Zikula) kick-off

Susan Lauber laubersm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 23 12:31:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Eric Christensen <eric at christensenplace.us
> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 18:13 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> > Hi,
> Hi John,
> Thanks for helping with this project.  Hopefully we're getting nearer to
> having everything packaged.

yes, thanks John!

> > I've volunteered to help kick off and facilitate the Fedora cross-team
> > CMS (Zicula) planning and implementation meetings.  I think things will
> > work best if each team puts forth a representative.  We will hold our
> > meetings on IRC or over Fedora Talk and they will be open to anyone, but
> > it will make it easier to schedule and coordinate the meetings if I know
> > who the key people from each team are.
>
> There are a handful of people I can think of that should be included in
> these meetings:  David Nalley (ke4qqq), Simon Birtwistle (itbegins) (who
> is with Zikula), and myself.

I would still like to be involved , though I  find myself with very little
time at the moment.

> I think Talk would be a good solution so we aren't waiting for typed
> people can be reminded of their particular tasks.

I prefer IRC since it is easier for me to at least partially participate if
I am in the middle of teaching.

> > I believe the key teams we need representatives from are: Documentation,
> > Design, and Marketing.  Are there any others?
>
> Infrastructure

Packaging  Guildelines was also looking at moving into the CMS instead of a
locked down wiki namespace.  I do not know if that is still a consideration
or if the current wiki situation is working out better.

--
Susan Lauber, (RHCX, RHCA, RHCSS)
Lauber System Solutions, Inc.