Online Poll

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:20:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 02:04:23PM +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> Forgive the Noise,
> but am unsure of correct list.
>

> I would like to organise a poll amongst Fedora Developers.
> to ascertain tools\sdks used etc..
>
> Is that something that docs does?

Not currently, but it would be possible to have a polling module in
the new CMS, am I correct?  How self-service could we make such a
module?  I think we don't want a million polls asking "What's the best
desktop environment?", but having a poll every couple weeks on a topic
that could actually benefit from the input makes sense to me.

There was talk about using LimeSurvey, which is fully open source, to
do this.  But someone needs to actually work on packaging that code,
getting it into Fedora and EPEL, and otherwise working with
Infrastructure to stand up a polling system.