changing content licenses (OPL => CC BY SA)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 19:37:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:22:50AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 06/25/2009 07:28 AM, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > The Docs Team has recently reached consensus to change licenses that
> > cover the various full-size guides the team works on, such as the
> > Release Notes and the Installation Guide.  Currently the works are
> > under the OPL 1.0, and the intention is to switch to the CC BY SA 3.0.
>
> What about Red Hat documentation team? Are they switching as well? If
> not, how does this affect the idea of Fedora being upstream for Red Hat
> docs as well?

Before starting this thread I contacted the Content Services Director
(Michael Hideo Smith), along with Richard Fontana.  With the caveat
that he is permitted to relicense *all* of their content to CC BY SA,
Michael and Richard agreed Red Hat can and should do this as the
upstream.  So, this part is fortunately the least of our worries this
time.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41