Howto: Compiz on Fedora

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jun 30 14:44:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 15:45:30 +0200,
  Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I updated Fedora wiki pages with instructions on how to install Compiz
> on Fedora 10 and 11:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/compiz
>
> Please use this and give back some feedback, or even better go to wiki
> page and edit it to make it better.

Why are some many packages needed to be explicitly included in the yum install
command line? Shouldn't most of these be covered as dependencies?

Is compiz still restricted to one row in the desktop taskbar display?
I like to have lots of desktops (12 to 15) and want to use 3 rows as 1 row
ends up taking too much space.

You should also include instructions for how to switch back to metacity.
I found it really annoying the first time I tried compiz, found out I
couldn't easily have lots of desktops and wasn't sure how to switch back.