CMS (Zikula) kick-off

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 17:25:01 UTC 2009

Karsten Wade said the following on 06/25/2009 03:42 PM Pacific Time:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 06:13:22PM -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've volunteered to help kick off and facilitate the Fedora cross-team
>> CMS (Zicula) planning and implementation meetings.  I think things will
>> work best if each team puts forth a representative.
>
> It is not clear in your email to the various teams what the CMS scope
> is.

I understood the scope to have been previously defined.

I'm coming to this at the request of a few people who asked me to help
with the "project management" part of "completing the whole thing" and
making sure all the different interested and affected groups have a
voice and a venue to participate.  So I'm admittedly arriving late with
the understood goal of helping to facilitate the process of GTD (getting
things done).

Eric C. and David N., do I have a correct understanding of what you want
my help with?

> AIUI, the scope still is this:
>
> 1. Zikula is rolling out to cover docs.fp.o;
> 2. We need Websites, Design, Infra teams help with that;
> 3. All teams should be aware that we are seriously considering Zikula
>    for covering other Fedora CMS needs, such as fedoraproject.org/*.
>
> Otherwise it sounds as if we are rolling Zikula under other parts of
> fp.org.
>
> If that is actually the case, we should make that clear instead.

I was under the impression this was already understood on the different
teams since representatives from each team would come to the meetings.
How can I be clearer about the purpose?

>> We will hold our
>> meetings on IRC or over Fedora Talk a
>
> IRC++

IRC seems to be the overwhelming winner.

John