wiki to xml

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:01:44 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 02:49:01PM +0000, Pascal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering how do you get mediawiki content into xml. Is it an home
> made script ? Simple ? A sophisticated and a heavy process ?
>
> I didn't found any detailed information about it on the fedoraproject
> website.
>
> I am making some latex/pdfs files from mediawiki content of
> fedora-fr.org with an ugly php script and I think it's time to think to
> something more efficient. So any advices are welcome :)
>
> I already have a look to the wiki2xml extension[1], which can be a
> possibility.

There is a python-mwlib to which the MediaWiki developers actually
contribute.  It's in Fedora 10, but I seem to recall there may be some
breakage going on right now because of an underlying library (odfpy?)
that was pushed prematurely.

I think Ian Weller was working on this.  Ian, what's the status?