wiki to xml

Pascal pascal22p at parois.net
Wed Mar 4 17:37:57 UTC 2009

Le Wed, 4 Mar 2009 08:20:55 -0800,
Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> a écrit :

> I used mw-render form python-mwlibs for all the F10 work, here are the
> notes I took:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kwade/Post-processing_wiki2xml_results
>
> As was pointed out, the output is accurate for formatting but there is
> no contextual meaning.  This is why we use a strict wiki markup
> pattern that allows us to manually clean-up.

I didn't look at it yet :)

We already have some rules for the wiki and we try to keep it simple.
No condition case, php, complicated/nested wiki markup...
The contextual meaning is a problem.

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiEditing#Marking_Technical_Terms
>
> What I mean is, if you use '''Application Name''' consistently, then
> that shows in the XML as <emphasis role="bold">Application
> Name</emphasis>.  You can then do a search for each instance of
> <emphasis role="bold"></emphasis> and change it to the contextually
> meaningful <application></application>.

We've got specific wiki markup for these that need to be kept in the
xml:

<app>Application name</app>
<path>/chemin/vers</path>
<cmd>command</cmd>
<touche>Key</touche> and so on

The other thing I want to keep is the templates. Templates shouldn't be
expanded in the xml.

Actually, these specific markup and templates are kept into latex
commands or environnements:

\newcommand{\cmd}[1]{\textit{{\large\guilsinglleft}\,#1\,{\large\guilsinglright}}\xspace}

\newenvironment{Warning}{%
\definecolor{shadecolor}{rgb}{1,0.9,1}%
\begin{center}\begin{shaded}\begin{footnotesize}%
\raisebox{\dimexpr-\height+0.5\baselineskip}%
{\includegraphics[width=1cm]{InProgress_tip}}
\hfill\begin{minipage}[t]{\dimexpr\textwidth-1.2cm}%
}
{%
\end{minipage}\end{footnotesize}\end{shaded}\end{center}}

Pascal