Uninstall Fedora - steps

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Tue Mar 17 16:14:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 09:26 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 04:19:30PM +0800, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> > 				- Fedora -
> > 		- the easiest operating system to uninstall -
>
> Haha!  Well, maybe that's not the *best* way to encourage people to
> use our OS, but we certainly try not to make it difficult, right? ;-)

I think it goes rather far (not the slogan, but the idea of helping
people uninstall) to make the point that we love freedom above else when
it comes to software (and hopefully other things as well).  So, Fedora,
and most other GNU/Linux distributions, don't artificially put
roadblocks in the way of ones use of their own computer, or even the
operating system itself.  There are even other proprietary companies
that fully respect if you want to stop using their product, and they
allow for that.  It's monolithic, proprietary, and above all else,
arrogant companies (not just one) that want to control what a consumer
does with their product, the terms, conditions, and so on, that we
oppose.

It's all the more amazing that when you pay for a product, it usually
comes with more restrictions on its use than when you use one that is
free-of-cost and also free as in freedom.

I...don't know where all that came from.  Somehow, someone pushed a
button and I couldn't turn it off until now.  Don't worry Paul, it
wasn't you!  The button was pushed after I discovered that I didn't have
to just accept the options presented to me as I grew up.

Basil Mohamed Gohar
abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
www.basilgohar.com