Proposal for Implementing a Docbook Editor

satya komaragiri satya.komaragiri at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 18:54:46 UTC 2009

Hi Karen,

2009/3/21 Karen Schneider <kgs at esilibrary.com>:

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 8:04 AM, satya komaragiri
> <satya.komaragiri at gmail.com> wrote:

> Speaking as a lurker on this list who in real life is trying to wrap her
> head around the complexity of formalizing  a docs project in an open source
> project... I personally think this feels a real need. Satya, there is also a
> docbook-apps list where you might get additional feedback on this idea. I'm
> working on a proof of concept for Docbook within our project, and there is a
> hurdle for Docbook production with respect to contributions from
> nontechnical volunteers (and even to some extent the more technical
> participants) that an editor "in the cloud" could significantly help
> address.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Yes, Docbook can be daunting simply
because of its richness of features. The main motive behind this
project is to make life easier for the documentation team and attract
new people to it by lowering the knowledge barrier.

Thanks for the pointer, I'll mail the Docbook Apps list too.

Regards
Satya