Proposal for Implementing a Docbook Editor

satya komaragiri satya.komaragiri at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:28:19 UTC 2009

Hello,

2009/3/25 Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>:

> It would be reasonable to start with a specific subset of tags, right?
> We could even do a minimized DTD, if that helps.
>
> A few minutes work on the current set of documentation will tell us
> which tags are currently used.  For example, I've never seen any of
> the OO programming tags (<methodname>, etc.) used in Fedora Docs.

This would be very helpful. Also, from within that subset, we may try
and implement the structural tags first and then proceed to formatting
tags like bold, italics etc. This would ensure that the documentation
can be semantically well-formed from the initial stages itself. The
prioritization of tags can be done in collaboration with the docs
team. :)

> We don't have to limit the tagset forever, but it would give a smaller
> scope for the early/first iterations, and it would follow the rule
> suggested above about spec extension.

> - Karsten

Regards,
Satya