Publican Issues

Christopher Curran ccurran at redhat.com
Wed Mar 25 23:22:09 UTC 2009

Eric Christensen wrote:
> I've been discussing Publican problems since December of 2008.  Many
> have been discussing it longer.  At tonight's (today's) Docs Project
> meeting we will discuss Publican and how to go forward.  Right now I can
> see five options for moving forward:
>
> 1. Use Publican for a guide but munge through to an RPM that Fedora will
> consume; use jjmcd's script or a new .spec file
> 2. Fork Publican and remove the variable that puts the version # in the
> name
> 3. Get the Packaging Committee to amend the rules
> 4. Use Publican for HTML + PDF and fedora-doc-utils for RPM
> 5. Use f-doc-utils exclusively
>
> Be thinking about this for tonight's meeting.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

6. Remove the release notes from anaconda. <<To me this is the most
logical solution as most users do not want to waste more time installing
than they already must.
7. Branch stack the packaging committee out with people who adhere to
more liberal packaging guidelines.

Chris

--
Chris Curran
Technical Writer for Virtualization and Emerging Technologies