Pictures in the Installation Guide

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Tue May 5 01:12:05 UTC 2009

Ruediger Landmann さんは書きました:
> David Nalley wrote:
>> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM, John J. McDonough <wb8rcr at arrl.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> <big snip>
>>>
>>> A lot of the
>>> market is in places that don't speak English, so it would seem to be
>>> very
>>> valuable to have the IG in particular full of pictures in the local
>>> language.
>>>
>>> Is this really nuts?  Is there a lower priced way to approach this?
>>>
>>> --McD
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> I'd largely agree that pictures are a bad idea, for the maintenance
>> issues. However Rudi has been putting in tons of work to make that
>> happen with this release. I don't envy the work, but provided we
>> retain Rudi or someone else willing to do the work I am ok with
>> keeping it.
>>

> Thanks for the kind words David :)
>
> I (evidently!) agree that pictures are invaluable, for all the reasons
> that John has raised. I invite anyone who hasn't seen the screenshots in
> the new, expanded Installation Guide to check them out. The relevant
> part of the English version starts here:
> http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/Installation%20Guide/en-US/html/sn-welcome-x86.html

The number of screenshots (how many screenshots) will help L10N team to
weigh the task.
The detailed steps to get there (each screen) will speed up translators
to complete the task, it is usually more complicated task than general
imagination.
Is any virtual environment to be provided? Otherwise each translator
needs to download target Fedora and perform the install process on their
own machine for this purpose.

noriko