release notes update

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri May 15 20:23:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 01:24:14PM -0400, Eric Christensen wrote:

> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:13, Susan Lauber  wrote:
> > On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Susan Lauber
> >  wrote:
> >> A number of people were watching chaos last night in #fedora-docs.  It
> >> wasn't as much chaos as it appeared at times but still...
> >> I thought I would try to explain what was going on - at least for
> >> Sparks since he asked :)
>
> And I do appreciate it as I was on a different level of chaos last night.

Susan, you are AWESOME with a capital AWESOME.

> > And when I finally read the last line of the schedule, the lightbulb comes on.
> > The zero day translation are online only - not in the rpm.  But I
> > guess the english does make it into the GA rpm?
> >
> > I think the sound issue should get translated and into the GA rpm.
> > How long do we wait for "anything else" to pop up before we push that
> > new pot and just get it done?
>
> I don't think we should wait that long.  If we aren't going to deal
> with the small stuff I think we should get the po in front of the
> translators as soon as possible.  While the Spanish translators have
> said "no problem" we haven't heard anything from the other groups (not
> that I see this as a big deal).  I would hate to think that this
> project will become the thorn in the sides of all the translators (any
> more than it already is) so I think giving more time to do the fixes
> would be helpful.
>
> Are there any other items that need to be repaired in the RNs?

Sorry if I'm coming in late -- emerging from a battle of the
deadlines. :-)

Now that f-r-n-11.0.0-2 is off to print, we should put any changes out
in the POT/PO for shipping to translators.  That way we can maximize
the time they have to translate for both the web publication, and a
zero-day update of the RPM package.

Is there a hole in this plan?  If not, who's going to make those changes?