Proposal for Implementing a Docbook Editor

satya komaragiri satya.komaragiri at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:02:13 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...snip...]
>> <systemitem></systemitem>
>
> Are you planning on implementing support for the @class attribute?  I
> use that a lot, and it appears in Fedora Doc
>
> Also, I think we tend to use <indexterm> and its indexing-specific
> children too.  But if those significantly increase the difficulty,
> they could be pushed off.  These are just suggestions and not
> requirements. :-)

I saw the class attribute being used in quite a few places. But i
haven't yet figured how to implement  it and <indexitem> in a wysiwyg
interface. How will they be specified, written, edited, etc.

Indexitem can be implemented with a button (say Add to Index) which
will index some word/phrase which is selected/highlighted.

Class has a lot of variations for different tags so I need to think of
a 'user-friendly' way to implement it. Perhaps when the user clicks
the button for filename, I could give the user some kind of a drop
down menu which enumerates the type (devicefile, directory, etc, as
listed at http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/filename.html). I'll try to
figure out these details soon and get these two in.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try and implement all the important bits
suggested here. :)

Regards,
Satya