[Fedora-legal-list] Re: Wikipedia license change

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 29 17:18:19 UTC 2009

On 05/29/2009 10:36 PM, Eric Christensen wrote:

> We don't know.  Anyone could have taken our words and used them,
> according to the "old" license, without telling us.

We would be doing a announcement highlighting this fact if we go ahead
with the change. Downstreams would be responsible for checking the
license of the newly provided content. Similar to how we check the
license on new upstream releases when we incorporate them. Massive
projects like wikipedia have changed their license recently. I don't see
this as a huge issue at all but maybe I just haven't understood your
concerns properly.

Rahul