RPM content - valuable? still interested?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 17:55:21 UTC 2009

Hi:

A few months ago we had a discussion on this list around RPM content.
IIRC, some folks from rpm.org were asking if Fedora Docs folks wanted
to work on updating 'Maximum RPM'.  We also have the 'RPM Guide' in
our collection, waiting for updating.

Does it make sense to look at merging these two works in to one, new,
canonical RPM guide?

http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/drafts/rpm-guide-en/

Figuring it made sense to at least be _able_ to merge them, I have
been working on getting the approvals to have both works relicensed to
the CC BY SA 3.0 Unported.

People who want to work on RPM content -- is this relicensing work
still valuable to you?

I've made some progress:

* 'Maximum RPM' relicensing requests are all completed and replied to.

* We have tentative or real approval from all major copyright holders.

With still more to go:

* There is some work to do with the 'Max RPM' source to remove some
  work that will not be relicensed.

* I still need to contact the author of the 'RPM Guide'.

cheers - Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41