Fedora research survey worth taking

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Apr 3 18:42:25 UTC 2010

(Forwarding this message from our friend Greg DeKoenigsberg,
gdk at redhat.com.)

All,

As some of you may know, professors at the Fuqua School of Business at
Duke University have been conducting a study of Fedora, and have put
together an online survey based on interviews they conducted with
several dozen folks from the community.

You can access the survey here:

http://www.projectassessment.org/fedora/

Their research goal is to focus more deeply on three primary themes
that emerged from over 20 interviews they conducted with participants
in the Fedora Project:

       o  Values that are relevant to participants (e.g., to what
          extent is 'Open Source' a relevant value across the Fedora
          Project?),

       o  Activities that participants engage in to help sustain the
          community (e.g., to what extent is 'testing' a collaborative
          activity across the Fedora Project?), and

       o  Tools participants use for communication or workflow (e.g.,
          to what extent is 'Planet' or 'Koji' used across the Fedora
          Project?).

The findings of this research will go a long way to helping us better
understand what makes the Fedora community tick. I think it is a
hallmark of our success as a community that academics are starting to
study in detail the ins-and-outs of how our community works.

Please respond as soon as possible.  If you have any comments or
concerns, please feel free to email me.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer these questions.