Building guides

Nathan Thomas nathan.thomas at peacenik.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 22:40:07 UTC 2010

On 12/04/10 23:20, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 05:29:40PM -0400, John J. McDonough wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 21:58 +0100, Nathan Thomas wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I now have the readme-live-image guide building using jjmcd's script
>>> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Draft_documents_for_L10N), kindly
>>> hosted by Paul. However, the script builds the html in my own
>>> fedorapeople space rather than the space provided for draft docs
>>> (/srv/groups/docs). I followed the instructions given just before
>>> jjmcd's script, which created a link from my fedorapeople directory to
>>> the readme-live-image directory on /srv/groups/docs, but I'm not sure
>>> how to get the html built by the script to go there. It would be
>>> simple enough to create a symlink
>>>
>> That is exactly what you want to do.  You can scp into your own space
>> easily enough, just create a symlink in your space
>> to /srv/groups/docs/guide-name (you will need to create the directory in
>> the first place to symlink to it.)
>>
> If one has 'docs' FAS group access, does one automatically get access
> to write to the shared /srv/groups/docs/ space?

Ok, I figured out the problem. I did a test run of the script before
creating the symbolic link, so when I tried to create the link, ln
complained that the file already existed, then went ahead and put a link
to /srv/groups/docs/readme-live-image in the existing 'F13' folder.
Sorry to waste people's time!

Thanks,
Nathan