CD or not CD?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 23:14:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:05:07PM +0100, Nathan Thomas wrote:
>    Hi all,
>
>    Nice to see the F13 Beta out today! I noticed on the download page that
>    promises were being made about the GA live release fitting onto CD - is
>    this true?

It's true.  The Desktop team didn't have enough time in this release
to finish all the changes that would have made the move to a larger
size compelling for users.  So they've reverted to CD.

There has been talk on the desktop@ list about having an additional
"tiny Desktop" image that would still be CD sized for people who, for
example, might need to do more complicated work for rescues that
require a web browser and palimpsest.

The F13 Beta Desktop Live image is still DVD sized, but the current
Desktop Live composes[1] are already back to CD sized.

* * *
[1] http://alt.fedoraproject.org/alt/stage/nightly-composes