Readme-Burning-ISOs

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 13:55:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 02:09:12PM +1000, Ruediger Landmann wrote:
> On 04/14/2010 01:20 PM, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
> > So, just remove the word "Live"?
> >

> I think we should leave it as-is unless we hear that the live DVD is
> going ahead, if for no other reason than to avoid creating unnecessary
> work for translators.
>
> If the  Live DVD is indeed going ahead, then the context in the doc will
> require us to mention both the live DVD and the live CDs for alternate
> spins. I'd actually drafted this this morning just before I read Paul's
> email.

The current situation is that the Desktop Live image is going to be
CD-sized.  The nightly composes have reverted to that size.  There is
no larger file planned for the Desktop Live image.  There is also no
further opportunity for this situation to change between now and GA,
we're effectively "locked in."

I'm looking at the wiki right now, and the Live beat is empty at this
point.  That tells me that section 3.6 is up for removal.

* The information on the games spin and other information is not new
  to Fedora 13.

* The information on the Desktop Live image size change is now
  deprecated.

I could be missing something, so clue me in! :-)