[Fwd: [In the news] Fedora 13 - Ubuntu's smart but less attractive cousin]

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:49:27 UTC 2010

See especially the last point in Rahul's email to the Marketing list.
We need to make sure the IG and the release notes both point out the
element of the separate /home -- which is correct, by the way.

My recollection is that David Nalley got this change already for the
IG, but we may want to add it to the Installer beat for the release
notes so we catch it during the content party.

----- Forwarded message from Rahul Sundaram <> -----

Hi

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/13/fedora_13_beta_review/

Perspective:  We need to advertise the end user facing features more
loudly.  Ubuntu includes gwibber and a applet and advertises it as
social networking built-in.  We do have similar features:  Pino is
default for Fedora 13.   If we can get the one page release notes effort
pushed forward, it would help.

Factual corrections:  Feel free to post them to the site.  I don't have
a account there yet.   mesa-dri-drivers-experimental is not a separate
driver.  GNOME version is 2.30

Release notes:  Does Anaconda create a separate /home only if the
available space is more than 50 GB?  Such details need to go into the
release notes.

Rahul

----- End forwarded message -----