Guinea Pig Needed

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Thu Apr 22 15:59:11 UTC 2010

As you may be aware, the Technical Notes are produced almost entirely
automatically.  What you may not know is that, with the exception of the
first section, they are produced entirely from scratch.

Up until now, I've been the only one producing these.  This isn't good.
Someone else should be able to make these notes in my absence.

To that end, I've tried to document the process, and heavily script it.
Trouble is, sometimes my writing sounds more like Klingon than English,
and I can't always tell the difference.

What I need is for someone to follow those instructions and make an
updated Technical Notes, perhaps enhancing the instructions along the
way.

This process is pretty quick, perhaps 15 minutes or so.  If you would
like to try it out, my instructions are in the git for technical notes.
The direct link is:
<http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=docs/technical-notes.git;a=blob_plain;f=build/README;hb=7a5b49619c903da6253c5f662d728403d4a30a9c>

We actually need an update in the next couple of days, and it would be
good if that update came from someone other than me.

Thanks
--McD