Fedora 14 Technical Notes

Mike Danko mike at l4m3.com
Fri Aug 13 03:15:29 UTC 2010

Pouring over these,  big standout is the inclusion of ROOT. I doubt
high-energy physics is a general target audience for something like
release notes, but perhaps I've stumbled on something. But, yet again,
I've stumbled upon something for the marketing people more than
anything.

Including ROOT in the release notes could be nothing other than vague
without a corresponding marketing piece with an interview and some
other goodies. Maybe CERN might have some input here? Just throwing
some thing on the table.

Then again the release notes are permanent fixtures meant to last the
test of time. A link to a marketing bit may be inappropriate. I
suppose a blurb could be written that doesn't include a marketing bit,
but the package is just too specific to mean anything to anyone.

There's also some significant upstream improvements in the ham radio
arena, maybe I'll try to scrape that together when its daylight. Not
trying to bring too much personal to the list here, but I've been
trying to get licensed for 17 years, and every time I went to take the
tests, someone died, a car would break down, I'd get robbed, etc...
yes, every time, several times a year, for 17 years. Today I passed,
and it might make for a good activity for me if you haven't jumped on
it yourself yet McD.

- Mike... err... KD8ORQ