Self-Introduction

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Sun Aug 15 13:51:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 17:22 -0700, Minh Nguyen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Minh Nguyen and I am interested in joining the Documentation Project.
>
> I am an Oracle and Teradata database developer. I write a lot of SQL, PL/SQL, and Stored Procedures. I also write scripts in Perl and Unix shell. At home, I dabble in all things Linux, PHP, HTML/CSS, etc. I love to tinker, learn new things, and share what I have learned.
>
> I enjoy writing step-by-step tutorials for my personal site. In this manner, I think I can make useful contributions to the Documentation Project. I would also like to help proofread and update documents. I am always fortunate enough to find a kind and knowledgeable soul whenever I need help big or small, and I would like to take the first step in giving back to the community. Please let me know how I can start helping.

Hi Minh, welcome aboard

We have plenty of guides under development and tutorial help would be
useful.  I also see where the Database beat is open.

The next step is to log on to your FAS account and apply for membership
in the Docs group.  And stop by #fedora-docs on freenode and get to meet
the folks.  We have meetings Wednesdays at 2300Z where we talk about who
is doing what.

Again, welcome.

--McD