fedora-bookmarks

Eric "Sparks" Christensen sparks at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 2 16:02:37 UTC 2010

On 12/02/2010 10:41 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 10:28:40AM -0500, John J. McDonough wrote:

>>> Can this be done in an RPM?
>>
>> I think it is technically possible, I'm less sure about how the RPM
>> rulemakers would feel about it.
>
> Bad.  Really, really bad.  RPM installations/updates must never tinker
> with user data AFAIK.  The bookmarks package is only useful for new
> users, and not for existing users.

So the bookmark is wrong and useless.  We should just have the Release
Notes removed from the bookmarks if this will never be able to be fixed.

> Perhaps a way around this would be to offer a bookmark packet on a web
> or wiki page that people could update if desired.

That doesn't seem to be a good solution, to me.  If I'm a user I just
want things to be correct or fixed.  I don't want to have to go
searching to fix known problems.

--Eric