Docs Project meeting summary for 16 December 2010

Eric "Sparks" Christensen sparks at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 16 01:01:38 UTC 2010

 Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-12-16/fedora_docs.2010-12-16-00.00.html

Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-12-16/fedora_docs.2010-12-16-00.00.txt

Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-12-16/fedora_docs.2010-12-16-00.00.log.html

===================================================================================================
#fedora-meeting: Docs Project Meeting - Agenda:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_meetings
===================================================================================================

Meeting started by Sparks at 00:00:19 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-12-16/fedora_docs.2010-12-16-00.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
- ---------------
* Roll Call  (Sparks, 00:00:19)

* Follow up on last week's action items  (Sparks, 00:07:14)
  * ACTION: jjmcd to work with the fedora-bookmarks owner to see if we
    can get the links fixed in F13 and F14  (Sparks, 00:07:29)

* Removing redirects on docs.fp.o  (Sparks, 00:07:41)
  * When Fedora 13 was released we had just upgraded to the latest
    version of Publican which changed all of our links on docs.fp.o. The
    search engines hadn't had enough time to catch up with the new URLs
    so we added links to act as redirects so the old URLs would still
    work.  (Sparks, 00:07:46)

* Publishing Documentation to the desktop  (Sparks, 00:14:04)

* Guide Status  (Sparks, 00:14:33)

* Fedora-bookmarks  (Sparks, 00:21:24)
  * AGREED: Replace the link in bookmarks from the RNs to Docs AND to
    fix the redirect to the latest version of the RNs.  (Sparks,
    00:50:36)
  * ACTION: jjmcd to work with callion to fix fedora-bookmarks to remove
    Release Notes and add Docs links  (Sparks, 00:52:35)
  * ACTION: nb to fix the redirect from the F13 Release Notes to the F14
    Release Notes  (Sparks, 00:52:52)

* Open floor discussion  (Sparks, 00:55:40)

Meeting ended at 00:58:55 UTC.

Action Items
- ------------
* jjmcd to work with the fedora-bookmarks owner to see if we can get the
  links fixed in F13 and F14
* jjmcd to work with callion to fix fedora-bookmarks to remove Release
  Notes and add Docs links
* nb to fix the redirect from the F13 Release Notes to the F14 Release
  Notes

Action Items, by person
- -----------------------
* jjmcd
  * jjmcd to work with the fedora-bookmarks owner to see if we can get
    the links fixed in F13 and F14
  * jjmcd to work with callion to fix fedora-bookmarks to remove Release
    Notes and add Docs links
* nb
  * nb to fix the redirect from the F13 Release Notes to the F14 Release
    Notes
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)